Ecovidrio is the non-for-profit entity entrusted with glass packaging recycling in Spain, representing container glass companies and contributing to their compliance with waste-related regulations at EU and national level.
Ecovidrio manages separate collection of glass packaging through specific containers throughout Spain, implements communication and awareness-raising campaigns and collaborates with the industry in waste prevention and ecodesign policies and measures.
Ecovidrio was set up in 1995 and started operations in 1997.
Fillers, packaging producers and waste recyclers are represented in the General Assembly of the entity. Obliged industry has the majority of shares in the organisation (16 fillers, 4 packaging producers, 5 waste recyclers) and fully controls the Board (11 directors).
Ecovidrio employs 10 people and provides nation-wide coverage in Spain.
Communication and education
Ecovidrio develops communication and awareness-raising campaigns targeted at citizens and the hospitality sector to recycle glass packaging waste.
Communication channels to the general public:
- Ecovidrio’s website: general information to consumers regarding the functioning of Ecovidrio and its activities: http://www.ecovidrio.es
- Corporate movie on glass recycling chain:
- 2.0.: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
Awareness-raising campaigns targeted at and customized to different publics:
- Children (schools plan, educational campaigns, mobile apps, awards, etc)
- Youngsters (awareness through leisure activities – music, sports, etc)
- Adults and hospitality sector (actions in popular events, customized containers, TV spots, etc)
Ecovidrio. General Oraa, 3 – 2. 28006 Madrid (Spain)
Tel.: 00 34 91 411 83 44